Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Biden Speaks in Tongues; Obama Translates

For those of you who are periodically perplexed by Joe Biden's glossolalia, help is on the way.

I have a thesaurus, and am not afraid to use it. I also think I am clever.
Barack Obama is now helpfully translating Biden's rapturous utterances into English so that the rest of us can comprehend them.

Not clever enough to understand when Joe Biden speaks, but still clever enough to entertain you, gentle reader.
Remember Biden's statement earlier this week which appeared to the untrained ear to be about how the terrorists would "test" the new rookie president, Obama?

If you don't remember, let me remind you; and if you don't care, you are dead to me.
Well, Obama "clarified" this today.

Rekindle your hatred for The One who defeated Our Girl with his dirty, dirty sexism.
It appears that we were all wrong - what we thought was an unambiguous statement that Obama would specifically be tested because he was young and inexperienced was really a generic statement about ANYONE who happened to be elected, McCain or Obama. Or Nader or Barr too, I guess.

Oh, and all those other people who are running for President while Our Girl is not. Just to show we are even-handed.
Here is Obama's "W.O.S.B.R.M" (What Obama Says Biden Really Meant) statement:

Pleasepleaseplease let the unpronounceable acronym I made up become an Internet meme.
Gee, I feel much better now.

I refute you thus!
For a moment, I thought Joe was having a flashback to back when he was running for president himself, and raising valid questions about Obama's lack of experience.

After all, he was with us before he was against us. But now he was against us. Return to your five minutes' hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment