Friday, October 24, 2008

My Wee Boy Turns Six Today

He's big into Spiderman lately - seems Thomas the Tank Engine is yesterday's news.

And I am a human being, not just a shrieking parody of one.
I sent him to school this morning with 18 happy birthday chocolate cupcakes so he can celebrate with his classmates. And once I get home from work tonight we'll celebrate with cake and ice cream on Spiderman plates. There'll be a few gifts for him to open, a couple balloons (Spiderman of course) and a trinket or two for his big sister - it's all good.

Such are they mundane details of my life -- all good.
I wish I could invite you all over for some cake, but well... it's not like we're neighbors now right?

And thank Goddess for that! I am your master, and you are my sycophantic followers.
So instead of dropping by with a gift (hey you had to know this pitch was coming) I'm hoping you'll honor my son and all of the hard work he's done over the years by donating to your favorite down ticket Democrat.

And to prove your fealty, you shall give money to the politician of my choosing.
I'll make it easy for you - use THIS LINK to donate to Kay Hagan. Help Hillary reach that magic number of 60 Dems in the Senate by sending this capable and wonderful Democrat to DC. Or put a smile on CampSkunk's face by sending $20.12 to AL FRANKEN.

Don't stop to think how much time it took you to earn that money, or who gets credit for it because you attached a ".12" to the end.
Send them $20.12 in honor of my sweet boy and if you can, attach a note to the donation saying Alegre, her son and Hillary sent you ;o)

I am pimping my son's birthday for donations and for Our Girl, but the smiley makes it all okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment